While we think a visit to the Inn at 202 Dover is justification enough for visiting Easton, we’ll give you a few more reasons to come to the county seat of Talbot County, Maryland. Let’s start with the letter ‘A’.
1. Appetizing Cuisine. Yes, our Peacock Restaurant & Lounge is the top-rated restaurant in town, but you can’t eat every meal here. After all, we aren’t open for lunch. Choose from historic pubs, quaint cafes, and cozy diners. And if you really don’t want to have your gourmet meals here, we can recommend other options.
2. The Amish County Market. Speaking of food, every Thursday through Saturday, this local indoor market offers fresh produce, meats, and dairy products. The Amish also sell handmade furniture and other handcrafted items.
3. The Academy Art Museum. Our local fine arts institution is compact, but complete. The permanent collection includes a large selection of European and American works on papers. The museum also plays a primary role in the world-famous Waterfowl Festival which takes place every November.
4. Antiques. We’ve furnished our massive inn with antiques, many of which were purchased locally. Because the area dates back to the 1700s, Easton’s antique shops often yield significant treasures. You can find furniture, rugs, pottery, glassware and decorative objets d’art at shops throughout Easton’s historic downtown.
5. African-American History. Visit The Hill, recently discovered to be the oldest free African American settlement in the country. Find out more at the Talbot County Historical Society or stay with us in February and take part in our special Black History Month tours.